Internship Articles & Resources
Career & Professional Development Center
The Career & Professional Development Center also provides information about internships. If you have any questions or concerns, contact them for an individualized appointment.
The Hinckley Institute
The Hinckley Institute has ties to employers and industries that are based locally, nationally, or overseas. They work with students in all majors, and you are encouraged to contact them early in your internship search process.
Learning Abroad Office
Learning Abroad Office also offers internships abroad for academic credit for students participating in an approved affiliate program. To learn more about these options, students should directly reach out to Jacquee Williams, the Learning Abroad Coordinator, who is the liaison for the College of Humanities.
Just Read It
A large part of making informed and engaged decisions is being familiar with diverse perspectives from numerous sources. Seeing other points of view can help you create or shift your priorities about what is appropriate for your situation, what is most important to you in an internship experience, and what is manageable in your realistic timeframe.
These articles can help you think through the evolving landscape of this kind of experience.
- 7 things you probably didn’t know about your job search
- 10 Tips to Ensure a Successful Internships
- 11 Interesting hiring statistics you should know
- 11 Interview Questions to Help You Decide If a Job is Right for You
- 11 Reasons To Ignore The Haters And Major In The Humanities
- 12 Successful People Who Started As Interns
- 80% of jobs are not on job boards
- A Successful Job Search: It’s all about networking
- Are Internships Working?
- College major, internship experience, and employment opportunities: Estimates from a resume audit.
- Colors to wear in interviews
- Do’s and don’ts
- Do You Want An Internship? It’ll Cost You
- Don’t believe these 8 job search myths
- How to deal with job search rejection
- Hungry for the job: gender, unpaid internships, and the creative industries
- Impression Management in the Interview: Helping or Hindering?
- In hiring, racial bias is still a problem. But not always for reasons you think
- Interns Unite! (You have nothing to lose – literally)
- Nobody Has Time for Interns
- Power dynamics of job interviews
- Shocker: Humanities Grads Gainfully Employed and Happy
- The Best Websites – And Strategies – for Finding An Internship In 2017
- Transferable Skills Inventory
- Unpaid Internships Are a Rich–Girl Problem–and Also a Real Problem
- Why This Tech CEO Keeps Hiring Humanities Majors
- You were qualified for the job but not hired. Why?
**The Transferrable Skills Inventory resource can be used before, during, or after your internship.**